Nowadays, many people wear rosaries made of gems, using them as an unusual and attractive accessory, a way to regain self-esteem and find balance, or as a reminder of important matters. In addition, with the help of this product, spoken prayers or mantras are counted. But did you know that each product has a special energy? It depends on the number of beads, their size, configuration and even the material they are made of. It is these features that will be discussed in the ukrburshtyn.com article.
What are Buddhist rosaries?
Originally, such strings were used for religious and meditative purposes. Therefore, products made according to the canons of one or another belief can differ significantly. For example, Muslim rosaries are not at all similar to Buddhist ones - they have an unequal number of beads, they are not so grouped and are made of different materials. Therefore, when choosing an accessory, be sure to pay attention to its appearance.
At the moment, the most common products made in the Buddhist tradition are popular. What is the reason for such popularity? First, they are the most comfortable to use. Classical Buddhist rosaries have 108 beads. This makes the accessory very convenient - the long string is pleasant to pass between the fingers, and when you are not using it for meditation or relaxation, the thing can be worn as a bracelet.
But this number of grains also has a symbolic meaning. It represents all the temptations and desires that cloud the mind and prevent the attainment of nirvana. Such sins are:
- any actions related to the material world (performed with the help of the senses);
- actions committed in the past, present and future;
- behavior aimed at internal objects (for example, self-deception) and external (that which harms other people); in addition, all the sins listed above can manifest themselves mentally, verbally or in the form of concrete actions.
However, the accessory may have a smaller number of grains. You can buy rosaries with 54 and 27 beads - they personify only the strongest temptations. There are also products with 18 elements (there were exactly that many arhats - the beloved disciples of the Buddha), with 21 (the number of forms of the goddess Tara, who protects people from demons) or 32 (showing the signs and advantages of the deity). Thus, such a product not only helps to immerse oneself in meditation and count mantras, but also serves as a reminder of the main aspects of Buddhist teachings.
What do Buddhist rosaries look like: what is encrypted in each bead?
Not only the number of grains is important - their shape, color, even the weaving of the thread on which they are strung is important! So, what do the individual elements symbolize?
When looking at the rosary beads belonging to a Buddhist, the large pendant that ends the string immediately catches the eye. Most often, it is made in the form of a ball (this form is the embodiment of Prajna - divine wisdom), a Buddha figure or a cone - it represents the efforts and methods that must be used on the way to enlightenment. A bone made of threads is attached to this bead - a sign of accepted vows. Here is the interpretation of the most common colors:
- black pendants are worn by ordinary believers;
- red ones belong to novices who have taken only initial vows and are in the first place of initiation;
- yellow threads are a symbol of complete renunciation of worldly affairs.
In addition, the bone can be double. Such an ornament is interpreted as the embodiment of equivalent practices - Merit and Wisdom. And it can also remind of two desirable states for every Buddhist - Shamatha (clarity) and Vipashyana (insight).
Equally important are the separators - larger elements designed to facilitate the counting of mantras. As a rule, these are 18, 21, 27, 37, 54 and 72 grains. Looking at the amber rosaries offered by our online store, you will definitely see similar inserts. In some branches of Buddhism, they even have the shape of skulls, symbolizing the futility and weakness of humanity. And sometimes the final bead, 109, is carved in the form of a triple skull - as a sign of malice, stupidity and passion, which affect the purity of consciousness.
In Vajrayana (one of the streams of Buddhism) special importance is attributed to the cord on which the beads are strung. It is made from five threads - blue, yellow, white, red and green. These shades represent aspects of Enlightenment, and they must be visualized while weaving, reading special bija syllables that facilitate meditation. Only then will the product be charged with beneficial energy and contribute to the attainment of nirvana. And those adepts who have already mastered most of the practices can create their own cords, numbering as many as nine threads.
What are Buddhist rosaries made of: sacred materials and their symbolism
No less important are the raw materials used to create rosaries. As a rule, the material is selected in connection with its influence on the human energy field. At the same time, it can have a mystical meaning, which is revealed only after long thoughts and meditations.
Traditionally, craftsmen use wood, bone, precious stone amber, lapis lazuli, opal or coral, metal, as well as jade rosaries. However, in some practices, rosaries are made of iron - for example, such accessories are a traditional accessory of warrior monks. So what do different materials symbolize?
- to expel evil spirits, purify the space and eliminate harmful influences, it is recommended to wear rosaries made of juniper, bright red coral or lapis lazuli;
- if you want to calm down, and get rid of diseases and ailments, more often choose products carved from fragrant sandalwood, as well as rows of rock crystal or pearls;
- accessories made of lotus seeds or bodhi seeds (the sacred tree under which the Buddha attained enlightenment) allow you to enlist the protection of peaceful deities, and are also useful for people who practice Guru Yoga;
- products consisting of hand-tied knots (they resemble Orthodox rosaries - rosaries) are considered especially benevolent. Each element symbolizes a step towards enlightenment and helps clear consciousness;
- beads cast from gold or silver contribute to self-knowledge, increasing wisdom, and developing the spiritual sphere;
- do you want to engage in esoteric rituals? To protect yourself from possible consequences, buy rosaries made of bone, agate, black crystal or coral. Red or black wood is also suitable;
- amber rosary beads prolong life, improve health, and help maintain a cheerful spirit and a blooming, youthful appearance. In addition, they strengthen intuition and sensitivity, and contribute to the full and unhindered implementation of any plans.
Of course, only natural materials have such properties. Therefore, before buying a product, make sure that the sale of rosaries is certified - as in our Yantar Polissya online store. Our artisans craft natural sun gemstone accessories by carefully selecting gemstones with a similar color and then carefully turning and polishing the smooth surface of the sparkling beads. Therefore, you can be sure of the uniqueness, as well as the beauty of the product, which will serve you for a very, very long time!